Monday, April 15, 2013

The post in which I play the part of "That Guy."

First, this is about Boston.  In all seriousness I'm very sad for the people of Boston.  That said, I have some insensitive and cynical things to say about what is clearly a terrorist attack on another of America's major cities.  That stuff will be after the break, and you can stop right here.





So, what, did the FBI fuck up and give the bomber a real bomb instead of a fake one this time?

Am I the only one who is thinking it just goes to show, you don't need a gun to be a mass murderer?

Really, is anyone surprised by this?  Does any really believe that the government can do anything to stop something like this from happening again?  They never have before, but I bet we'll be asked to give up more freedoms as a result.

The whole thing makes me sick, and not because of the people that were killed.  That sucks, but it happens every day.  People get blown up every day all over the world and no one gives a damn.  Suddenly it's a major American city and we're supposed to be super super concerned and and empathetic?  I don't buy it.  I hate that it happened, but no one I know (to my knowledge) was killed or injured so my only concern is, frankly, how will douche bag politicians going to take advantage of the situation to fuck me over.

No comments: