Monday, March 18, 2013

A couple of new knives.

I recently picked up a CRKT SPEW and a KA-BAR Last Ditch knife.  I've been interested in both for a while.


Both came in razor sharp with a fine point.  I've rigged up the Last Ditch knife with some paracord so that that I can wear it underneath my belt.  If you weren't looking for it you wouldn't find it.  The SPEW can be worn as a neck knife but I think I'll be carrying it on a belt.  I've never been a fan of neck knives, just not comfortable.

I'm looking forward to carrying these and using them.

4 comments:

Bob said...

The S.P.E.W. looks interesting, although it looks like it would be easy to break off that needle point. Also, worst name ever.

Old NFO said...

Nice looking knives, and yeah, I'd worry about that point also!

Robert McDonald said...

The point seems to a lot like that on a Spyderco. I've heard horror stories but I've never managed to break one myself, but we'll see. For the price I'll take a chance.

wirecutter said...

I have a Cold Steel Bowie Spike that I carry on occasion. With the chain supplied it was pretty uncomfortable but I swapped out to a slightly shorter length of 550 cord, works fine now.