Tuesday, February 5, 2013

On The Range #82: Recoil Therapy

I decided that even though my supply of 9mm is limited I needed some range time with my Glock.

I started out today by shooting Dot Torture.  The fact that I've not been shooting nor doing much dry fire was apparent when I scored 37/50.

I followed that by firing 3 Bill Drills and 3 Mozambique Drills, all at 7 yards.  I only shot one of the Bill Drills clean, but I only dropped one shot out of the other two and they were all under 4.5 seconds.

I shot two of the Mozambiques clean and all but one under four seconds.

I shot a FAST Drill with one miss on the 8" circle resulting in a score of 10.38.  Still a novice score, but not bad.

I wish I could do this once a week but I don't think it's in the cards.  I may start working a lot with my Browning Buckmark and doing a lot of dry fire, maybe do Dot Torture every other week.

I can get 9mm, but the price is prohibitive.  I might go for it anyway.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Trigger time is the ONLY way to keep up that perishable skill level... .22 is better than nothing.

RobertM said...

I've got to do better. .22 is going to be the way to for a while.