Tuesday, February 26, 2013

On The Range #82: First Time Shooter

Yesterday I was doing a little plinking with a friend when another friend asked if he could bring his daughter to do a little shooting.  Of course, I said yes.

She had never shot a real gun before so her dad brought his Ruger 10/22 and I broke out my Browning Buckmark.

She's still on the small side so we gave her plenty of help.  I worked on keeping her safe and helping her enjoy herself.

Shooting the Browning Buckmark

Shooting the Ruger 10/22

Shooter 2.0

I think she was a little overwhelmed by the whole situation her first time out and since it was spur of the moment the set up wasn't perfect but I think she still had fun and we'll have to get her out on the range some more!

4 comments:

Old NFO said...

Good show, and thanks for taking the time to help her out! And that little smile tells me she will be back!

Robert McDonald said...

I always enjoy getting someone new on the range!

Jim said...

Well done, Sir.

Robert McDonald said...

Thank you!