Thursday, November 8, 2012

Ignorance.

Yesterday one of my customers was having a phone conversation that I overheard.  I'm in one of those professions where I get ignored so I don't consider it eavesdropping when people carry on conversations right in front of me.

Anyway she was going on and on about how glad she was Mitt Romney lost the election because, I shit you not, "Girl!  He the Antichrist!  He a Mormon, they Antichrist!"

Makes you really want to reconsider universal suffrage, doesn't it?

6 comments:

Heroditus Huxley said...

I've never been in favor of universal suffrage, so no, it doesn't change my opinion of it.

(I tend to think that anyone on a government check--congresscritters included and especially--have a conflict of interest, and shouldn't be allowed to vote.)

RobertM said...

Oh, I'm right there with you. At the very least you should actually be a net taxpayer to be eligible to vote.

Bob said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bob said...

How about, instead of ignorance, purposely fed misinformation, probably in her church?

Kristin said...

Smacks of good old religious intolerance to me.

Old NFO said...

Kristin nailed it... AGAIN