Monday, June 4, 2012

Running.

I hate running.  I mean, I really, really hate it.  However, I realize it's a good healthy activity and probably one of the best ways to build stamina.  I'm not particularly fit, but I'm not completely out of shape either.  I have a fitness nut friend who has told me more than once that running would probably do me a lot of good in the health and fitness department. 

Still, I hate running.  Then I read this post by MattG.  Another person who hates running, but is giving it a go.  I decided to try the same regime as him and see if I can stick with it.  The only thing I'm doing differently is I'm planning on running six days a week instead of three spaced out.  I may have to drop that when i get into later weeks but for the first week it's not an issue.  There's some tenderness in my legs but nothing that I think will be an issue.

I'm tracking myself by time since I don't really have a way to do distance, and since distance is more intimidating than time.  I may hit a local track on my next day off just to get an idea of what I'm capable of but for now it's not really important to me.

We'll see how it goes. 

4 comments:

Christina LMT said...

Good luck!

RobertM said...

Thanks!

agirlandhergun said...

I love to run...lol. Good luck!

RobertM said...

agirl-That statement does not compute lol. Thank you.