Tuesday, May 15, 2012

On The Range #67: Dot Torture

This was a short session on the range Sunday afternoon.  I took 50 rounds of TulAmmo out of the ammo can and grabbed a Dot Torture target

50/50.  Very pleased.

For the first time ever I shot Dot Torture clean.  One shot on dot 7 almost cost me a point, but the grease mark broke the line so I counted it as in.  If I can shoot Dot Torture clean two more times I'll move out from three to seven yards.  

It pains me to admit I'm a better shooter with the Glock than I was with the 1911.  However, one must accept reality.    

I was shooting from a new holster, a DSG Alpha kydex holster, that I recently purchased.  I also bought a double mag holder to go with it.  So far it's a great carry rig, and I'm planning on using it for IDPA as well.  I have a review of the holster and mag holder in the pipe line.

6 comments:

agirlandhergun said...

Nice work!

Wilson said...

Very nice shootin'

RobertM said...

Thank you, thank you.

David said...

Very nice. Congratulations!

I shot it 46/50 today. It was the third attempt , but haven't tried it since last June. Going to try to do it monthly going forward.

Cheers.

Old NFO said...

Nicely done Sir! That trigger time is paying off!!!

RobertM said...

David-I've come close at a few times, but this was definitely a fun first.

NFO-Yes it is!