Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Voted Wookiee.

I opined today on Facebook that it would be nice if rather than casting a vote for a candidate we could cast a mathematically negative vote against a particular candidate.

Anyway, since that wasn't an option I voted for Paul in the hopes that whatever meager percentage he gets here in a Alabama will be seen as a rejection of "the party."

Given that most Alabamians have a sick need to tell other people what to do (especially in the bedroom) I figure the state will go to Santorum.  I find it amusing that all those snide Southern Baptists are throwing their lot in with the fucking papist, but what do you expect from a bunch of people who will argue with you until they are red in the face that the Grand Canyon can't possibly be millions of years old since the Earth has only been around for 6 or 7 thousand years?

Anyway, I also voted for the challenger to my current Congress critter.  The current guy has run unopposed in every election (barring primaries) since I have been able to vote.  I've been wanting to pry his RINO, insider trading ass out of that seat for as long as I've been aware of him.  Maybe this will be the year, but I'm not all that hopeful. 

No comments: