Thursday, March 1, 2012

On The Range #61

It having been far too long since I pulled the trigger and it also being a beautiful day outside I did a little shooting today.  I had 100 rounds of TulAmmo .45 ACP and a magazine of .223 I could spare.

I did a little of everything with the pistol.  I did a little point shooting at close range.  Did some shooting at distance.  Basically I can still hit what I aim at.

I also shot Dot Torture.  That did not go well. I scored 28/50.  I don't know where that came from considering how well I was shooting up to that point.

Steel, as opposed to brass, in air.

After I finished sucking at Dot Torture I shot a magazine through my AR.  I wish I had a few thousand rounds of .223 to go through, because damn that gun is fun!

All tacticooled up and nowhere to go.

Today was the first time I shot this particular AR with a Magpul AFG.  I like it a lot.  Shooting is just a hell of a lot more comfortable with one of the damned things. 

I only had one problem today and that was with the 1911.  I inserted a reload and something went wrong.  The slide started to release and then locked.  I couldn't drop the magazine and I couldn't get the slide to operate manually.  I was finally able to get it to break free with significant force on the slide release and then operate the slide manually.  I'm not sure what caused this, but it sucked.  I do know how to fix it though. 

While I was shooting I did a lot of thinking about how I operate safeties and how I think they should be used.  That will probably be a post soon.

No comments: