Wednesday, March 28, 2012

It's always something.

I rolled my van on the way into work this morning.  I made it less than a 1/4 mile from my driveway.  I won't go into the details, but basically I lost control and completely rolled it over. I suffered a 25% compression fracture to my T-6 vertebrae.  My back hurts like hell, but there is no spinal damage and I was released from the hospital same day.

I'll be taking it easy for a few days and then be on light duty for a few weeks.  Hopefully I'll be back at not long after my two week follow up.

14 comments:

Borepatch said...

Damn. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Erin Palette said...

Wow, you have terrible luck! Get better soon.

eiaftinfo said...

Glad you dodged a bullet sir. Hang in there and let yourself heal.

PISSED said...

Man, that sucks.. glad youre okay :)

Heroditus Huxley said...

Jeez, Robert, that really sucks. Take it easy.

RobertM said...

Thank you, everyone. I'm taking it very easy, and hopefully I'll be back up to full.speed soon.

Bob said...

Glad you're ok.

agirlandhergun said...

Ugh, not good!! Glad your ok!!!!!

Matt said...

Sorry this happened to you. Take it as easy as you can. Don't push it.

Glad you'll be ok and that it wasn't worse.

Les Jones said...

Be safe and heal up.

Mike W. said...

Holy shit dude! Take it easy for a while and get better!

RobertM said...

Thanks again, everyone, for the comments. I appreciate it a lot.

Laura said...

holy crap. thank goodness you're alive and (mostly) well!

Wilson said...

Get well soon!