Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sick, sad, and ashamed.

Go read this article about the situation in Afghanistan by Lt. Col. Daniel L Davis posted by OldNFO (who asked for thoughts at his place). 

My first thought after reading it was that I was glad I'd never joined the military.  In the end I was left feeling sick, sad, and ashamed. 

I don't know exactly when it happened, but this country stopped deserving the military men and women that are willing to put on our nation's uniform a long time ago.  They're honorable, self sacrificing, and good people on the average and we saddle them with a bunch of corrupt kleptocrats who think you develop strategy by taking an opinion poll once a month.  

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Good point Robert, thanks for the link.

RobertM said...

You're welcome.