Monday, February 6, 2012

Quote of the Day: Busy Bodies

I hate HR:

The pretentious 20-something year old human resources chick said “I understand you were not offended, and yes, it was a private discussion, but two of your coworkers brought this incident to our attention because they were offended on your behalf, and were outraged that you were subjected to this type of language in the office.”

Offended by proxy. How in holy hell did we let things get this out of hand?

RTWT

H/t Captain Capitalism

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I had someone file a sexual harassment claim on my behalf once. I told HR that I was offended that they thought I needed anyone to be offended by proxy.

Old NFO said...

Gotta love the PC-world... NOT!

Kristin said...

This is ridiculous. I would have told the HR Rep that I was offended that they were offended on my behalf. I would have told her I could certainly damn well be offended without any help if I found a good reason to be.

RobertM said...

It's pretty sad. I had a similar thing happen to me, luckily it didn't go anywhere because the person I was supposed to have offended one I traded barbs with all night to pass the time. I basically said if they wanted to play that game, I was going to make it interesting by having every damned person who had ever said the slightest offensive thing to me written up.