Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Feb. 7, 2005.

Seven years ago I put up my first post on this blog.  At the time it was an AOL Journal.  AOL did away with those but gave all the users the option to move all their posts over to blogger.  I took advantage of that.

I really started this as just a record of my life and what was going on.  It still is that in a lot of ways, but I slowly over the last few years shifted into doing a lot of gun blogging.  I didn't start as a gun blogger.  I was a blogger long before guns become such a central focus for me.

Gun blogging opened up a whole new world for me, and introduced me to host of intriguing personalities who have a lot more to talk about than just guns.

I have changed a lot over the years as I've gained more knowledge and experience in the world.  I owe a lot of thanks for that knowledge to all of the other bloggers I read, even the ones I've had disagreements with.  They've made me think, pointed me in new and interesting directions, and challenged my prejudices on a variety of topics.

I'd like to thank all of you who have stopped by to read what I have to say, commented, and occasionally linked me at your own blogs.  So, thanks!  

5 comments:

North said...

Missed this... Happy Anniversary!

Borepatch said...

Wow. 7 years is like since the Medieval Warm Period. Congratulations!

RobertM said...

Thank you both!

Kristin said...

Wooo! Seven years of HOT DAMN. Way to go! You've done an admirable job keeping up with your blog. So happy for you.

RobertM said...

Thanks,Kris! You've been there since the beginning and I'm glad you're still around.