Tuesday, February 7, 2012

An Award!

 

 Yesterday OldNFO left me a comment letting my know he'd given my blog an award.  I'm honored to be one of the five he picked, and thankful for the kind words he had to say about me.

Below are the rules of the award:

1. Copy and paste the award on our blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who gave us the award
3. Pick our five favorite blogs with less than 200 followers, and leave a comment on their blog to let them know they have received the award.
4. Hope that the five fifteen blogs chosen will keep spreading the love and pass it on to five more blogs.

So, here are my five:

1.  OldNFO-Yes, the very man who gave me this award.  The why of it is simple. I've enjoyed his blog since the first time I came across it.  He is man who has a wealth of experience and a history of long service to his country.  He is an excellent story teller and does not pull any punches when it comes to saying when he thinks.  I'll take brutal honesty from someone I disagree with (which is not often in this case) any day of the week.  He is also one of the few bloggers who I've met in real life, and true pleasure to have shared a firing line with.


2.  North-I always look forward to another of his Whiteboard Words of Wisdom and the great photos he posts.  He's also one of the few bloggers who has made a point to comment on my random scribblings.  


3.  Random Acts of Patriotism-Another very enjoyable read.  We don't always agree on every issue but we can disagree completely and recognize the value of the discussion and the importance of having the freedom to disagree.  I really enjoy his posts about older rifles and uncompromising attitude when it comes to politicians and their games.


4.  Tango Juliet-A fellow disciple of the 1911.  He also has great taste in movies.


5.  American Mercenary-This is a blog full of information that will be very helpful to anyone who is ever faced with having to actually fight a tyrannical government, written by someone who is a soldier and father that recognizes that the dangers facing us in the years to come exist both outside and within our borders.  He's also funny.


Most of bloggers I've listed have been awarded at least once already, but these are my favorites and there is definitely a reason they definitely deserve multiple awards.