Thursday, January 19, 2012

This makes me sick.

Cop kills chained dog and threatens to kill homeowner while trespassing:
“When I ran to the garage and saw my dog laying there dead and I'm looking at blood, I lost it,” Bobbie Currie said.

Around 9 p.m., a DeKalb officer went to her home on Silva Court in response to a domestic dispute call with a possibly armed person. The officer said the family’s German shepherd lunged at him, so he killed the dog. The recently rescued animal was chained in the garage when the shooting happened.

Currie’s husband, Anthony, said the officer also pointed his gun at him and told him to put his hands up.

“I said, ‘Why [did] you shoot my dog?’ And he said, ‘Well, I'll blow your brains out.’ I said, ‘Hold on a minute, you just killed my dog. Why you want to blow my brains out? My hands are up.’ I said, ‘I don't have no gun,’” Anthony Currie said.
He went to the wrong house (Cops have such mad skills they can text while driving but apparently can't navigate).  No disciplinary action.  Just an honest mistake, ya know?  There is an extreme lack of accountability here that fills me with disgusts.

H/t SayUncle

7 comments:

Stephen said...

It's surprising how often this happens...

Kevin said...

But remember, you have no right to resist unlawful police actions, according to Barnes v. Indiana.

And no recourse, either.

Which is pretty much the definition of a police state.

RobertM said...

Oh, there is a recourse.

Old NFO said...

Kevin is right (on the legal side)...

Kristin said...

Robert is right (on the non-legal side).

RobertM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RobertM said...

NFO, I'm not advocating an illegal recourse but I'm not feeling or condemning someone if they do. The term 'legal' has no real meaning anymore when judges have allowed the twisting of equality before the law so out of whack the that it protects incompetents in all fields from being fired and police from almost all punishment. Police didn't make the law, but they sure as hell don't help with the "Just following orders attitude."