Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Quote of the Day: Self Reliance.

This one comes from a long time friend who was the first person to ever leave a comment on my scribblings back in the AOL Journal days:
Today I have grease and dirt under my nails and on my shirt and ratty jeans.  There was a streak on my face before I washed it.  My hair is coming out of the elastic I put it up in before I crawled underneath my vehicle.  I am thrilled most especially about the grease and dirt on my jeans.  They already have massive rips in them–the real kind that were put there by use rather than some designer–and now I have matching stains to go with them.  Normally I try to stay clean, but today I feel like the grime is a badge of honor, a testimony to my usefulness.  It feels pretty fantastic.
RTWT.  This is a person I've known, albeit online, for a long time.  She has a new blog and it's off to a great start.  While we don't always agree, she is someone I have a very high level of respect for.  The girl is fierce.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Wordpress has this amazing feature that lets you see how many people have viewed your blog. I got to looking at it and I thought, "Hmm, that is strange. forty-eight views today. I wonder why that is?" Handy information tells me I am getting referrals from your blog--thanks! I appreciate all the glowing compliments, although if you keep it up, I am going to be unable to get my head through the door. I like being mobile, so . . . well, nah, just keep giving me compliments. I like them. I will just widen the door with some power tools.

So glad we have been friends now for, um . . . you know, something like nine years now. ;)

RobertM said...

Yeah, I use Site Meter for tracking. Google has been annoying so I may go Wordpress in the future.

It has been a while hasn't it? And if I ever stop complimenting intelligent and pretty girls please check my pulse.