Tuesday, January 17, 2012

On The Range #60

Got my butt outside to do a little shooting yesterday. 

I've never done a lot of shooting from cover so I used some plastic 50 gallon barrels I have to do just that.  First I worked with the AR, then with the pistol.  I also worked on transitioning from rifle to pistol, reloads, etc. 

I shot 120 rounds of .223 and 100 of .45 ACP.  I had no malfunctions with either the AR or the 1911.  So far that's 240 rounds through the AR with no issues and no issues with the 1911 since I threw out a bunch of old magazines. 

I've now shot over 4,000 rounds through my RIA 1911.  There have been plenty of ups and downs but it's served me well to date.  I need to replace my recoil spring again. 

I'm still pretty set on picking up either an M&P9 or a Glock 17 in the near future.  Shooting 9mm seems like a very good way to get the best bang for my buck. 

That said 1911 pistols will probably remain my first love and I'll be looking forward to the day when I can afford one of the high end models. 

No comments: