Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thoughts on HR822.

I'm happy to see it passed, but I'm not going to get my hopes up to high.  Even if it were to get through the Senate it did not make it through the House with a veto proof majority (and that won't happen in the Senate, either). 

Maybe the Senate will take it up and pass it, but I can't see President Obama signing it into law.  It won't make me vote for him and so he has nothing to gain from me or those like me.  There is a damned good chance it would result in a major backlash from a lot of Democrats. 

I'm going to be cautiously optimistic for now.  I hope it at least makes it to the President's desk intact and not buggered up.  It will be a hell of victory even it that is as far as it goes. 

5 comments:

dakotas5 said...

When it opens the flood gates for biometric ID for gun owners, lets hope it doesn't pass.

RobertM said...

I do not follow your thinking there.

Josh K. said...

I'm to lazy to keep (re)type and cutting and pastong, So go here for my thoughts and responce.

http://givemeliberty01.blogspot.com/2011/11/us-house-passes-nra-backed-national.html

Mr.B said...

While I'd like to carry anywhere I go, realistically this is a bad law.

It really is up to the states to decide, not the feds.

And unless I can then carry into state and federal offices and postal stations, it is not restoring the Constitution.

Seriously. THink about it. It'll open up the door to may state decided issues:

Prostitution

Gay marriage
(not that I really care about either of them)

THis issue truly belongs in the state, not in the fed.

You folks are just jumping up and down at the thought of carrying across state lines.

But it will lead to stricter rules and regs.

You folks just see the wriggling worm, not the hook embedded in it.

WV: eurica

RobertM said...

Well, if it happens you can say I told you so.