Monday, November 7, 2011

My new AR.

As promised, here are a few pictures the complete AR:


 It was fun to put together, and hopefully this is just the first of many.

I put this together myself, but I didn't go all out on the build.  Here's the parts list:
Spike's Tactical Complete Lower Reciever~$299.75 from a local Merchant of Death
Magpul MBUS Rear Back-UP Sight~$66 from a local Merchant of Death (probably could have got it cheaper, but I wasn't in the mood the wait for it to ship)

Call it $840.  I could have saved about a hundred off of that, if not more, but it's what I wanted and it was easier to buy it in pieces rather than try and hold onto the loose cash.  

Anyway, as I mention before I'm going to go all Magpul fan boy on it in flat dark earth (or whatever it is the cool kids are calling brown now).  I've got a Midwest Industries rail on the way, and after that it'll either be a sling attachment or an AFG.  Hopefully I'll be picking up an Aimpoint Pro soon.  I might make it a Christmas present to myself.  Of course, I'd kind of like a new tv too...

7 comments:

Bob said...

Looks good!

RobertM said...

Thanks!

Kristin said...

Wooo! Congrats! Verrra nice.

Rose Thorne said...

That is a sexy gun! Congrats! :D

RobertM said...

Thanks everyone!

Old NFO said...

Very nice, and a good selection of parts, now the question is, does it shoot as good as it looks??? :-)

RobertM said...

As a matter of fact, it does.