Saturday, October 22, 2011

Interesting book.

I had some time to kill today as one of my customers decided being at home to have his satellite tv set up was just too much to ask, so I went to my new favorite (used) bookstore. 

I was browsing around the science fiction/fantasy section when I hit the Tolkien books.  I was tempted to pick up The Legend of Sigurd and Gudrun (I'll be getting it eventually) when I saw a book called Tales Before Tolkien.  It's a collection of fantasy fiction that predates Tolkien's works, some of which were sure to have been influences on him.  I read the first story and I must admit I'm hooked. 

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Huh, hadn't heard of that one, guess I'll have to check next time I'm in a used book store! Thanks!

RobertM said...

It's good if you like old stories.