Monday, August 1, 2011

How to create skeptism about the seriousness of rape.



As a man, this story is going to stick in my mind.  This story and the many others like it I've heard make me go, "Hmm, I wonder if it was really rape....'

When rape is one person forcing another to have sex against their will it's a horrible and despicable act and I'd be happy to kill the perpetrator myself.  However, when rape is teenage high school sweethearts having consensual sex it makes me think I can't trust people when they use the word 'rape' because words no longer have meanings.

So yeah, I'm that guy who hears 'rape' and wonders, "Was it rape-rape?"  That's sad, but I didn't create the legal system under which it's a valid question.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Interesting point... and an interesting video. Thanks!