Thursday, July 7, 2011

What knife for zombie?

A Ka-Bar, of course!  Specifically the Ka-Bar ZK-War Sword Knife.

 I've wanted one of these since I first saw it, so when I had a little extra cash it was at the top of the list.

Goes good with the 1911, me thinks.

All in all, not a bad knife on first impression.  And it came with a second little knife.  Two knives for the the price of one, you can't beat that.  Both are sharp as hell, which is a must.  

I will admit, the scabbard seems a bit chincy, what with the huge pouch on it.  I did a little experimenting and found that two pmags will fit in that pouch.  That's got to be worth a few tacticool points, at least.  It also has a spot for a patch on it.  I think I know just what patch to stick there.

The knife also came with a second set of grips that are black.  I think I will probably change the green ones out for those.  As cool as the green looks I've never been much of a fan of high visibility.  Then again, I may just let cool win out! 

2 comments:

Bob said...

I guess you bought it from Smoky Mountain Knife Works, since it came with the small knife?

I'm attracted to this series of knives, but they seem so mall ninja-ish that I'd be embarrassed to be seen carrying one. I might buy one for the bugout bag, perhaps. Of the four I like the chopper and the tanto, will probably buy the latter.

RobertM said...

I actually picked it up from Amazon.com. I'm thinking of having a kydex sheath made for it. I'm not a fan of the one it came with, but other than that I'm not worried about appearances. If I've got it on it will be on my property or when I'm camping so it's not an issue.