Sunday, May 1, 2011

Osama No Longa.

Osama bin Laden is dead.  Good fucking riddance.

Some will, and have, asked, "Does it really matter, other than for political grandstanding?" 

In short, yes it does.  He needed killin'.  I don't like the fact that President Obama will take credit for it, and he will.  I don't like that it may help him politically.  I do like that the fucker is dead though.  It makes me smile, the same way I did when Saddam got his neck stretched. 

It's a small thing in the great scheme of things, and it doesn't change that our country is still in a very fucked up place, but it's something we can smile about even if it's a smile in the face of the grim reaper.

4 comments:

Borepatch said...

Your's is the best post title I've seen on this.

RobertM said...

Sometimes these things just come to me. Thanks!

Kris said...

I have to admit I got all glowy-smiley inside when I heard the news. :)

RobertM said...

You and me both, Kris.