Tuesday, March 29, 2011

On The Range #46: 2,000 Rounds

Yesterday I put my 2,000th round from my RIA 1911 down range.  It's taken me a while to get to this landmark, but I'm here and I'll soon be putting up a 2,000 round review of the pistol. 

My time on the range yesterday was more about having fun that anything.  I ran through a bunch of single target drills at 7 yards, did some shooting at 25 yards, and tried to shoot fifty rounds through the same ragged hole (and did, for the most part). 


I shot Dot Torture at 7 yards and scored 38/50.  That's better than last week and almost at good as the week before. 

I had a couple of problems yesterday.  I had two failures to extract and one failure to feed.  These were disappointing but I think were a direct result of having a very dirty gun. 

No comments: