Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I don't like feeling like this...

Five times.  C., S., S., J., A.  I've felt that something.  And in the end I'm left feeling cheated by life, or that I wasn't good enough, or that I'm destined to be unfulfilled.  Something about them, from the first moment I laid eyes on them, there was something there, for me at least. 

With the dawning realization that 'nothing will come of this,' I'm left with an undeniable emptiness that I can't shake, I can't fill, and I can't walk away from.  Is this fate?  Is this a result of my own foolishness?  Is this a result of my own stubborness?

Am I demanding too much?  Should I learn to be happy with less than what really makes me happy? 

2 comments:

Christina LMT said...

NO! Never settle. You'll both be miserable. It's better to be alone than to be with someone who doesn't make you happy.

RobertM said...

Thank you. That's pretty much how I feel about it but self doubt has been creeping in lately.