Friday, April 23, 2010

The Losers.

The Losers is not a movie you should be seeing if you're expecting anything other than huge plot holes filled with guns. Of course, for me, the 'filled with guns' aspect is all I really needed.

Looking for a good story? It's kind of there, but so very very predictable. It was extremely cheesy. It was funny, and it had decent action. It was a movie of stereotypes. There was even a dual wielding MP5s scene.

But the guns!! Oh, the beautiful, beautiful guns! 1911s, M4s, a tricked out AR10 sniper rifle, G36s, MP5s, and I think a UMP or 2. Not to mention much better weapons handling than you can usually expect from Hollywood. I was really impressed by this early on, and happy to see that it remained pretty standard throughout the entire movie.

There were, of course, some silly ass things done with guns from time to time. The dual wielding MP5s being the most ridiculous. There were a few crazy to impossible sniper shots as well. However, the one thing that bothered me the most was once scene with a 1911. It was obviously a Colt 1911. It was handed to someone with the hammer down. That someone shoots someone else and hands it back...with the hammer still down. It was glaringly obvious to anyone who knows anything about guns. It bugged the hell out of me considering all the guns stuff (aside from some of the sniper shots) was pretty spot on; this was, of course, before the dual wielding.

Anyway, I wasn't disappointed. I could have waited until it came out on dvd, but I liked it just the same. I'll probably pick it up on dvd just for the gun pr()n.

No comments: