Friday, April 2, 2010

I'm being laid off.

That's never happened to me before.

It looks like the shitty economy finally caught up to my boss, and he just can't afford to keep me anymore. He's having to cut back, starting with closing his shop as soon as the lease is up and letting me go in the next week or two. From what he's told me I can lay the blame squarely at the feet of the IRS and the US Tax code. He's good man, and has done things correctly, but the federal government is killing him. So much for helping the small business man.

I'm not sure what the future holds for me, and forgive me if I have a little trouble thinking positively right now. I can't help but notice that every time I get one huge problem settled another one follows immediately behind.

I've got the yellow pages book marked at the local electrical companies and as soon as I can chill out a little bit I'm going to start making phone calls. Maybe someone needs a helper.

If that doesn't pan out I'll start looking at other options. I don't really know what those are as of yet.

2 comments:

Toaster 802 said...

Sorry to hear about the work loss. I have been out of work for awhile now, and let me say there is 6 people for every job right now.

Once i move next month, I am going to start making useful stuff to sell. I am sure you have some talent barterable for casah money.

Go Galt. I am through giving everyone else a free ride.

RobertM said...

Yeah, I've been lucky for a long time considering I work in the construction industry. At least I have some skills I can barter out and do odd jobs with.

Hopefully we'll both have luck in the future.