Sunday, March 14, 2010

On The Range #11: Light Practice

I haven't been shooting in a month so today I decided to get off my butt and get a little range time. I'm short on funds so I didn't want to do a full on 100 round practice so I shot 50 rounds of .45 out of my Raptor. I would have liked to have done more, but I don't know when I'll be able to replenish my .45 rounds so I'm going to take it easy for a while.

I did a magazine of slow fire, a magazine each of strong hand and weak hand, and then the rest of my shooting was practicing double taps and Mozambique Drills.

I need to do more dry fire practice, especially from the holster. I'm doing okay, but my shots tend to be grouping low, left from point of aim and I think this is a result of jerking the trigger. I noticed I did better when I slow down, but I tend to rush out of the holster.

I think a different holster would help a little on my draw. The current IWB I have is a great cheap holster, but there are better offering. Sadly, funding problems will keep me from purchasing a better one for a while, although I should have a Fobus OWB coming soon.

2 comments:

Mike W. said...

Weekend hand? What do you do the other 5 days?...

RobertM said...

*snort* I'm an editor for mass media.

So I need to work on my proof reading and my flinch.