Monday, February 22, 2010

We need more hot dog control!

No, really.

When 4-year-old Eric Stavros Adler choked to death on a piece of hot dog, his anguished mother never dreamed that the popular kids' food could be so dangerous.

Some food makers including Oscar Mayer have warning labels about choking, but not nearly enough, says Joan Stavros Adler, Eric's mom.

The American Academy of Pediatrics agrees. The nation's largest pediatricians group is calling for sweeping changes in the way food is designed and labeled to minimize children's chances for choking.


Nope, it's not a story from The Onion.

You want to know why kids choke on food, especially hot dogs? It's because kids, all kids, try to shove the whole fucking item into their mouth. Kids do stupid shit. That's why they're supposed to have, you know, fucking PARENTS!

If you're child chokes to death on dinner I have to ask where the fuck were you at?

No comments: