Tuesday, February 16, 2010

So I'm sitting in a church parking lot...

No, I didn't suddenly start to believe in god again.

My car has been overheating. Being the relatively poor ( and stupid) chum that I am I haven't taken it to a mechanic to diagnose the problem. I'm hoping it's a bad water pump belt.

Anyway, I'm on my 6th stop, and 8 figure it'll take two more cool down stops to get me
home. And it's between 30-32 degree F. Not as bad as some places, but it's frickin' cold to be sitting in. I'm tired. I just want to get home.

I need a new car.

Here's something: had a pair of local cops stop behind me when I was pulled over on stop number 4. They disarmed me, ran my plate, my DL, and the serial number on my pistol. The last part offended me a bit, especially considering I'd just given them my pistol permit and my car and DL had already come back clean.

Then the guy doing the talking asked me
if I'd open the trunk. At this point they've already done a cursory inspection of my vehicles interior which I let slide. But the trunk was off limits without a search warrant, and I told him so.

At this point he tells me he just wants to secure my pistol until they leave, and he didn't want to set it somewhere it would get scratched. My bullshit meter was pinging pretty loud but I figured I've got
othing to loose and I'd already given them a hard time. I popped it, he set the pistol inside, closed the lid, and they left.

I waited for them to get down the road and retrieved my gun, reloaded, and decided to get out of their patrol area.

Well, I may write that up in more detail tomorrow. Right now it's time to go a few more miles on the long trip home.

No comments: