Sunday, February 7, 2010

On The Range #9: Dot Torture

Recently Caleb at Gun Nuts Media had a post up about Dot Torture. It sounded interesting so I gave it a try today with my new GI 1911 and my carry gun. It kicked my ass, and I want to do it again in the future.

So you can see how far I have to go to get anywhere near Caleb in the skill department, this is how I did with the RIA:



And this is how I did with my Kimber Ultra Raptor:



I did a lot better with the longer barrel, which makes sense, but I could do a lot better with either gun. A lot of my shots are going low. I'm thinking I may be jerking the trigger. I need to work on that.

Next time I shoot my plan is to do my 100 round drill with both of my 1911s, and maybe to Dot Torture as well. That's a lot of rounds, but it will be worth it. In the mean time I will be doing a good deal of dry fire practice with both guns as well.

No comments: