Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Sooooo c-c-c-old!

Usually, I like cold weather. I really do. However, living with no form of heating besides small space heaters is starting to become a drag. I swear, I will some day own a home with a wood burning stove or fireplace. I will also have central air/heat.

Anyway, this weekend is looking to be the coldest in a long damned time for Alabama. I'm into day 2 of having frozen pipes. Today's high of 34 wasn't high enough to get a thaw. Tomorrow is forecast to have a high of 40. Hopefully that will do it. I'm also going to place one of my small heaters in the crawl space under my trailer right where the pipe comes out of the ground. Hopefully the heat will radiate up and along with the 'warm' temperatures tomorrow get my water flowing again. I hope so, or I may be begging to stay with a friend for a few days.

Snow is predicted Thursday, which means I may not be working Friday. Fun fun. I'll probably have to use a vacation day because I can't afford to be short on my paycheck again. I'm already missing half of a day from getting off early last week.

I want to go shooting this weekend. I don't know if I'll be able to with it being this cold. We'll see though.

No comments: