Thursday, December 10, 2009

Breaking the four rules.

Caleb has a post up about it being sometimes okay to break the four rules. I believe sayuncle also has a post about the issue.

My take on the issue is that it is okay to break the four rules, but only when you absolutely have to. Just like it is okay to shot someone, but only when you absolutely have to.

At first Caleb's post struck me as defending bad gunhandling, but he said in comments that is not the case. He just thinks there are times when following the four rules to the letter is impossible. I agree.

2 comments:

Mike W. said...

I absolutely agree with you and Caleb. I mean every time you dry fire you violate rule #3, and everytime you holster your weapon IWB you violate rule # 2.

Robert said...

I'm kinda of the opinion that you can dry fire without breaking the rules (depending on where you live). Of course I'm willing to destroy walls or whatever else I've got my target on...otherwise I don't use it.

For some people this can be difficult depending on where they live. I'm lucky enough to live out in the country where I can practice on my range at home.