Saturday, November 14, 2009

My first time shooting IDPA = FAIL

I woke up bright and early. My stomach was doing loops with nerves, but I was also excited. I was going to shoot in my first IDPA match this morning.

Or so I thought.

I arrived at the range and had some trouble finding my way around. Next time at least I'll know where to go. A few more signs directing traffic would be a good idea, but I digress.

Anyway, I went to the sign up table and told the man there I wanted to sign up for the match. He handed me a packet and told me to fill out the form inside and then give it to him with my $80 entrance fee.

"$80?" I asked. "I thought it was $10."

He then informs me that this isn't the monthly 'open to the public' match, but an official IDPA sanctioned match. Of course, there is nothing about this on the match schedule on the website. I won't deny that there is a banner on the main page talking about the "Masters" match going on today, but I assumed it would be noted on the match schedule if something had changed about the the regular match. After all, THERE IS A FUCKING PLACE FOR MAKING SUCH NOTATIONS!

Anyway, I was invited to stay and watch but I declined. That would just be even more depressing. I feel like I just got stood up on a date I was really looking forward to going on.

I'm trying not to let this ruin my whole weekend, but this was my weekend. Now I just feel bummed.

No comments: