Thursday, July 23, 2009

New Stuff

About two weeks ago there was a gun show in Birmingham. Having nothing better to do I decided to go spend some money. It was cool. They had a lot of nice stuff, including this military surplus backpack that I picked up:



It's got plenty of places on it for securing gear and other pouches so today I ordered a couple from www.511tactical.com. I always keep a backpack with random stuff I may need in my car. Comes in handy when you want more things at hand than you have pockets for. While I've got a pretty good amount of room in this backpack I tend to leave a lot of stuff that I'd like to have out just to keep things from being cluttered. The new pouches will make organizing the things I want to carry a lot easier. Anyway, hopefully the stuff will ship soon.

This one is a medical pouch for first aid supplies and small survival supplies:



This one is just a padded pouch for storing random stuff. I'll probably keep my packable Columbia rain jacket in it, among other things:




Depending on how things go with these two I may be adding another soon. I'll let you know what I think of them.

No comments: