Friday, May 8, 2009

Star Trek

I just got home after seeing Star Trek. I'm not sure how I feel about the movie.

In and of itself, it was a great movie. I really enjoyed it.

However, the entire movie was not about the Star Trek that has been around for literaly generations. It begins with an alteration in the time line that ultimately results in the entire movie taking place in an alternate "Star Trek" reality.

I'm not sure if like that. I guess I'm experiencing what a lot of people have when movies have been remade, or changed in way they didn't like.

I can't deny that it was a good movie. It reallys was. I guess I just want to see more from the future of the Star Trek I know and love. I don't particularly want to start all over again. It's not like the Bond films where the orginals had no real continuity and the new ones do and are actually a true re-do. They've acknowledged everyting that has already happened...and changed it.

Kind of feels like a rejection, rather than re-invisionment.

Like I said, great movie. I just felt a lack of respect for what came before. It didn't have to be an alternate reality.

No comments: