Wednesday, December 3, 2008

And Now For Something Completely Different...

I'm an uncle for the first time as of yesterday. My sister Mary had a baby girl. I have not had the chance to see her yet, but hopefully I will soon.

It's weird. I always figured that I would be an uncle before I was a father, even though I am the oldest of all my siblings. Yet, I still feel like I'm a bit behind.

Oh, I'm in no rush, but I guess it's just one more thing that makes me come face to face with the fact that, over the last couple of years, I've come to realize that I really want children one day.

Yep, one day. I've got two minor miracles to get off before that day can come, but I'm pretty determined to pull it all together.

1 comment:

Ave said...

Sweet! Congrats on unclehood!

What's your niece's name?