Monday, November 24, 2008

Another Thing I Despise...

THE MORONIC BUREAUCRATS RUNNING THE UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA AT BIRMINGHAM.

I applied for and was awarded financial aid for the academic year 2008-2009. I registered for classes in the Fall, and then went on to process my loan. I was unable to. The reason I was given was that I had to reapply for admission to the university. I didn't have the forty dollars to pay to reapply, so I said fuck it. I'll wait.

Come September I recieved a notice that my tuition was due. What the fuck? What tuition? I'm not a fucking student!

It turns out I was, that I never needed to reapply, and that my loans should have worked fine. "You must have been looking at the wrong year," was the excuse I kept getting. I appealed to higher powers since I didn't have fifteen hundred bucks lying around for classes I had never even attended. I won the appeal.

So, I attempt today to process my loan stuff and have to get a new PIN number for the FAFSA website. No big deal. Anyway, I looked up some classes I needed to take since all the ones I want to take either are not offered or are full, and was about to register when:

YOU HAVE AN ACADEMIC HOLD AND CANNOT REGISTER UNTIL THE HOLD IS CLEARED.

Okay, what is it?

YOU MUST REAPPLY FOR ADMISSION AS OF OCTOBER 18, 2008.

This is after I've already gone through this bullshit once. Now I'm going to have to do it all over again, and hope I can afford it and can get it done in time. Lovely. I really wish I could get my education CREDIT elsewhere.

Last time I could register but couldn't process the loan paper work. This time I can process the loan paper work but I can register. I'm so tired of this.

1 comment:

Ave said...

Are you flipping serious?

I remember this fiasco at the beginning of the semester. What a bunch of morons.

You might try calling the school just to make SURE you need to reapply. Just sayin'.

And if you see a girl named Sarah K. Johnson on campus, or happen to be in any of her classes . . . tell her Kris Miller says hello from Huntsville. :)