Friday, October 24, 2008

My Halloween Costume

My friend is throwing his annual Halloween party, and I've been having a lot of trouble coming up with a costume idea. I wanted to be a crazy Scotsman, but finding a decent kilt at a reasonable price is a bit difficult. So I had to go in another direction.
On a whim, I decided to go as a tin star sheriff from the days of cowboys and indians. Then a lightbulb went off, and I thought...why not go as The Man With No Name (or Blondie, in one movie)?
And so I dusted off my hat, scuffed up my boots, borrowed a Mexican blanket, and found a black bandana to wear around my neck. I'm going to look for a shirt and pants that match what Clint Eastwood wears in The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, but if I can't, any old jeans and shirt will do.
I'll probably buy a cap gun and spray paint it black or something for a six shooter. I might have to rig myself a holster and gun belt, but we'll see. This is going to be a fun Halloween.

3 comments:

jhb said...

excellent idea. clint in the spaghetti westerns was a true bad ass. and even in the other westerns films like high plains drifter.....just make sure you have those little cigars/cigarellos..whatever they are called and the strike anywhere matches.

j.h. formerly of the defunct aol blogs...

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Hey, good to see you around here!

Yep, I've got a pocket full of cigars and the strike anywhere matches. I figured that would make up for any little mistakes I make with the clothing.

Ave said...

Ooooh, a Scotsman? That would've been niiiiice.

I've a thing for men in kilts, you see . . .

You can tell I'm playing catchup. I had three exams to study for this month, so please forgive.