Sunday, March 18, 2007

If ever there was a night...

If ever I came close to taking another human life, tonight was the night.  I find it oddly comforting that I could circumvent the amount of rage I felt and channel it into something else besides violence.  It was interesting, at the very least. 

I was hit with the most painful thing I could have been hit with tonight, and I held my own.  I parried, and rather well.  And while I had to walk away, beat the punching bag in my trunk until my fist felt like they would split, and listen to loud music so I could scream in anger and pain, I survived something that I might not have if it had happened a few months earlier.

It's uncanny the pain a human being can take, whether emotional or physical, but it is staggering.  Literally, to those of us who have had the displeasure to experience it. 

I am stronger now than I have ever been.  She can hurt me.  Boy, can she hurt me.  But she can't make me doubt my ability to take it anymore.   And that, my friend, is true victory. 

No comments: