Thursday, September 14, 2006

Uncomfortable Moments

I hate those uncomfortable moments in life.  You know the ones.  Their those moments when you learn something you really didn't want know.  Or, it's more like you know it, but you have not had it confirmed so you can ignore it.  And then it comes up, and you just have to deal with it. 

Anyway, I had one of those today.  It wasn't so bad, but it brought up a lot of old memories and jealousy from high school.  The shit doens't bother me, but like I said, it was uncomfortable for a minute there.  Still is, I guess.  Oh, well.  It'll be alright.

I'm reading The Black Dahlia by James Ellroy.  It's a pretty good book.  I like this man's style.  He's very down and dirty.  His characters are human, and as such, flawed.  I like that because it allows me to see a lot of myself in the characters.  I'm reading the book mainly because I want to see the movie.  But I like to read the book if there is one before I see the movie.  The books usually better. 

I hate waiting.  I'm  waiting for my second class of the day.  My last two classes are canceled so I get to go home and get some sleep after.  That'll be nice.  I tried calling my friend Jen to see if she wanted to hang out today, but no answer.  She's probably sleeping.  That girl parties a little to hard sometimes.  Fuck it, she's having a bad time so I can understand.

I had lunch with my friend Cheryl (she's the one I know from high school).  She had a bunch of test today and she was worried about her last one.  I'm sure she'll do okay, she's always been smart.  It's nice to have someone to talk too. 

It's funny, I actually had a crush on her in high schoool.  I never saw anything coming of it then.  I don't now, so I don't know why I brought it up.  Okay, so maybe I see a possibility.  But I doubt it.  I'm a friend, and so she can talk to me.  And I can provide some answers.  But not all.  I wish I had all the answers.  And I wish I was still as naive as I used to be.  It was nice to believe in perfection, once. 

Oh, well.  It's past time to give up childish things.

No comments: