Sunday, August 6, 2006

Things Change, Things Stay The Same

I'm finally settled into my new apartment.  It's a nice place.  I've actually got plenty of space for all of my stuff.  I put all of my bookcases in my bedroom around my bed.  I've got my desk in my living room.  I put up my poster sized maps from The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, and The Silmarillion on the walls.  I like maps, and always have.  I've also got a map of Birmingham too because that just comes in handy. 

Starting this coming Friday I will now have Friday and Saturday night off from work, which is sweet.  It's going to be nice to go out and do something on a Friday or Saturday night.  I'll actually have a real weekend.  I'm really looking forward to that.

The girlfriend is flying in the end of this month to visit for a week.  I'm looking forward to that.  I'm honestly getting sick of having a girlfriend but never seeing her.  I need someone here and now, without worrying about guilt.  I don't want someone on the side, I just want someone who I can see regularly, someone who is only a phone call and a few minutes drive away.  You can't sustain a relationship over the phone.  I don't know what my other options are, but this sucks.

I want what I want and not just what I can get.  Selfish of me, huh?  Well, we've all got to be selfish now and then.  I'm patient, thankfully.  I'd have went insane by now if I wasn't patient. 

I have to work eight days straight in order to make sure I get my new off days without getting stiffed on my paycheck.  It sucks, but it could be worse.  I'll come out on top with eight to ten hours of overtime.  That'll be nice, since I need it.  Work is still all the same bullshit, but some things are starting to look up.  I'm still looking for a better job, but I'm not desperate for one anymore. 

There is so much I want to do, and no time to do it.  School starts soon, and I'll be back at it taking a full load.  That is going to be hard, but it must be done if I'm ever going to get where I want to be.  I like school though, so I am looking forward to it.

2 comments:

autumnsavril said...

Yay!  Good to hear you're going to be hard at it at school again.  And having Fridays and Saturdays off sounds like a real treat to someone who only gets every other weekend off.

Hey, what do you think about the proposal to raise the minimum wage from $5.15 to $7.25??  I think they added it all up and the people who make only $5.15/hr are only pulling in a little over ten grand a year.  Who can live off that?  Anyway, it sounds like an okay thing, but I'm wondering what the tax repercussions on this are going to be.  I never really was any good with politics.

rampage841512 said...

Minimum wage should have been raised long ago.  The effect will be the same as the last time is was raised...little to nothing.