Saturday, August 26, 2006

Life, in a Nut Shell

I started classes again this past week.  So far, so good.  The only problem is that I have classes all day long, so I have to do thirty-six hour ups twice a week.  It's not too bad, but it's not fun either.  I'm taking Introduction to Criminal Justice, History of Philosophy, Philosophy of Mind, and Classical Thought of India, China, and the West.  I'm also taking a First Aid class, but it's just to boost my GPA.  I could teach that class.

One of my best friends from high school is in the Criminal Justice class with me.  She just transfered from a two year school.  We've been having lunch together every day after class.  UAB started has a new cafeteria and diner set-up, which is nice, but costs an arm and a leg.  Every one, whether they buy a meal plan or not, has to pay two hundred and twenty five bucks for it.  It's okay, I guess.  I'll just make sure I eat a lot of cheese burgers before the semester is over.

I've got time to nap between a couple of my classes, which is a life saver.  I've tried the library, but I like just parking in the parking deck and sleeping in my car.  It's still hot, so I turn on the air conditioner.  It eats gas, but not enough to bother me.

My new apartment is nice, now that everything is good and settled.  My girlfriend is flying down today from Philadelphia to stay with me for a week.  That will be nice.  This distance shit has been getting on my nerves.  I'm off tonight, so we should have a good time her first day here. 

Friday nights I've turned into a bit of a bar fly.  I go to this sports bar called Home Field that's not too far away.  I know the bartender, and I've got some friends who are their pretty often.  John is usually there.  It's nice.  Pool tables, decent prices, nice scenery.

No comments: