Sunday, July 9, 2006

Won't you be my neighbor?

Wow, it's been a while.  Usually I update a lot more than I have in the past couple of weeks.  I guess I've just had to much on my mind to get it all out.  At the moment I'm juggling a long-distance relationship, a shitty job, and I'm looking for a place to live.

So, I've got a girlfriend now.  Wonderful.  Well, it would be if she were actually here.  I should have pushed for 'open relationship' status (kidding...).  Anyway, it's nice, but it also sucks because she is so far away.  I talk to her every day, which is weird, since I never talk to anyone every day.

I hate my job.  But you knew that already.  Some interesting prospects are coming to light though.  My friend's brother-in-law is supposed to let me know as soon as there is an opening at the Coca-Cola bottling place where he works.  The pay is great from all tell and the hours are not bad, similar to what I work now.  I'm also going to put in an application at the post office since they have a huge "NOW HIRING" sign up. 

My lease is up at the end of the month, and I am out of here.  I'm sorry, but six hundred a month is just too much.  I'm sick of it.  It was nice to have a big place all to myself, but it's not worth it anymore and I don't want a roommate.  I'm going to do some serious looking tomorrow.  Probably a little short notice, but it'll be okay. 

I've seen two movies recently, and both were good.  Superman Returns was excellent.  I loved it, and would pay to see it again.  Any super hero fan should see it.  Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest  was good, but also disappointing.  It just seemed to drag on and on as if it would never end...and it doesn't in a style reminiscent of The Matrix Reloaded.  The pseudo end was good though.  I liked the surprise and I think I'll like the third installment of this particular trilogy a lot.  We'll just have to wait and see.

Miami Vice, the movie, is coming out at the end of this month.  I'm going to see it.  It looks good.  I actually bought the first season of the show on dvd and I really like it.  That surprised me.  I expected it to be a lot cheesier than it is, but it's actually a pretty serious show. 

Oh, and I purchased a new pistol yesterday.  I was torn between the HKP2000 (9mm)  and the Walther P99 (also 9mm).  I finally decided on the HK both because of my high opinion of HK firearms and the fact that it is a sub-compact pistol which makes it much easier to carry concealed. 

I went shooting this morning and was impressed with my little P2000.  I'm still a big fan of my USP .45 (and a better shot with it) and I'm sure I'll carry it regularly.  Still, the small 9mm P2000 will takes its place when I want the most concealment possible.  I also think I'll be going back for the Walther as soon as I can scrape the change together for it.  It was cheaper than the HK by about two hundred bucks, but it was a full-size service pistol.  Nice, though.

3 comments:

jhileb said...

congrats! hold on to the good ones, they are far, few, and between.  things sound like they are going well, glad to hear it...sooner or later i knew your luck had to change.  

j.h.

all4eyez said...

im so happy for you that you are finally in a relationship with someone you are truly into.
I know , long-distance relationships are hard but hey - it doesnt have to be long distance forever does it?
It's a thing thing anyway I can look at it , because now you ar happy.

Good Luck on your apartment seeking journey.
:)

all4eyez said...

Oops...
its not a "thing" thing , I meant its a "good" thing...
lol