Saturday, February 4, 2006

It's Saturday

Which really means nothing to me, since I have to work tonight.

Yesterday I went to sleep early and got up in the mid-afternoon.  I had some extra cash so I bought a couple pair of Levi's that fit right.  I also rented some movies.  I watched Serenity (which was a pretty good Scifi flick) and Lord of WarLord of War was really good.  I expected it to be more of a comedy than anything else, but it's actually a pretty serious movie.  I recommend it to everyone.  You don't really get the point until the end, but then you really get it.  I liked it a lot, and I may buy it.

Work last night really sucked.  I hate that place.  After work was cool though.  I went to eat breakfast at this little 50's theme diner called Little B's.  The food was good, and so was the atmosphere.  I went with a couple of guys I work with, Shane and Josh, who wanted me to see this girl who works there.  She's definitely a head turner.  I'll probably be going back next Saturday. 

I'm also glad I went there cause it seemed like a cool place to go hang out.  Nice place to take a girl just to chill. 

Other than that, I have not been up too much.  I've been reading a lot mainly.  I'm also working on a couple of short stories.  One is a Western I started a long time ago.  I was reading back over it, and I really like where I was going so I think I'm going to finish it.  Maybe do a couple with that character.  I like the Western setting cause I can do a lot there that I can't really do in the modern world, but it's not as out there as scifi or fantasy. 

I'm really dying to play some poker.  I wish I could find a game around home.  I'm planning on playing tomorrow night and Tuesday night.  I meant to last week, but of course I feel asleep/forgot.  Typical.

No comments: