Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Robert's Picks...late, of course

Here we go again, late as usual.

What I'm reading:  High Druid of Shannara: Straken by Terry Brooks (good)

                             And All The Saints by Michael Walsh

                             Bowdrie's Law by Louis L'Amour (excellent)

What I'm watching on tv:  Battlestar Galactica Seaon 2  (excellent, but I cheated here...I actually have this on dvd since I don't have the SciFi Channel)

My dvd pick of the week:  Closer (excellent...but based solely upon the script.  I love the dialogue in this film  The acting was good, but the film demanded more visually than the high profile actresses and actors were probably willing to give.  Ultimately the film is about how well we really know the people we love.  The theme is highly sexual, but without the actual sex.  Had it been made fifty years ago, I would say it was excellent overall, but I expect a little more visually in the open society of today.  Film is about seeing a story as much as it is about hearing a story.)

No comments: