Sunday, December 18, 2005

In A Bad Mood? No, Sweetheart, I Am A Bad Mood

Yeah, my birthday really sucked.  So that hasn't done anything for my pleasant disposition, among other things.  Work has sucked. 

On the upside, I do have a lot of alcohol which I will be taking advantage of on my upcoming off days (I only have to work three days this week!).  I have a lot to do in the next couple of days.  I think I'm going to see about my pistol license in the morning.  I really want it back more than anything (except for a beautiful woman who loves me unconditionally...duh!). 

Anyway, I read something funny in Esquire this month:  "If men were the ones having babies there would be drive-thru abortion clinics and someone would be sticking their head through the window asking if you want fries with that."

I'm not sure if that's an exact quote, but it's close enough. 

So, as to what I've said before about truth and bluntness:  Last night at work a friend of my buddy Josh came into the store.  She said, "Hello, Robert," after reading my name tag.  I responded that that wasn't fair, since I didn't know her name.  She told me her name was some outlandish thing and then laughed and said it was really Candice.  I told her I was glad, because I didn't like the other name.  She acted all offended (her act was ruined by this cute little smile).  I told her, "Hey, you've got beautiful eyes, but that name just isn't doing it for me."  I would have followed up by asking her phone number, especially considering the way those beautiful eyes lit up when I complimented them, but I doubt her boyfriend would have taken that well. 

Oh, yeah, and I met this girl John works with at the mall yesterday.  He wanted her to come to my place Friday night, but she had other plans.  She's attractive.  I'll have to look into that.  I didn't really get to talk to her, but I got one of those smiles.  You know the one, that smile that says, "Well, hello."

Oh, and I got a new MP3 player.  It's a Sony, with a built in FM tuner.  I like it, but not as much as my Rio so far.  We'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

autumnsavril said...

I love the title on this entry, first and foremost.

I am very sorry to hear that you have had a bad twenty-first birthday.  The two birthdays prior to my last one have been pretty sucky as well, and I know how it feels.  Twenty-one wasn't a big deal to me, especially, but I think it is to you, and I'm sorry to hear that.

Me-ow on the girls!  How do you know the girl at work had a boyfriend?

You are leaving out details.  I want details, man!

Ave

rampage841512 said...

Because he was with her.  And after I started talking to her he made it a point to put his arm around her...lol