Friday, November 18, 2005

Some surprises are actually good.

I opened my door to step outside into the cold, crisp air so that I could begin my adventure to find something to eat and a box fell over onto my foot.  It was a brown cardboard box with the distinctive markings of Amazon.com upon it. 

It was my copy of the 2006 Novel & Short Story Writers Market!

I'm glad it is finally here.  Just flipping through it has been interesting.  There is a lot of information there.  I've already looked at the list of magazines in the back that publish fantasy stories.  However, I was surprised that at least two of the magazines I'm familiar with were not listed there.  They might be somewhere else, but I don't know.  Realms of Fantasy should have been there.  It is one of the best of the fantasy magazines out there.

I think I am going to find another magazine to send Satisfaction off to as soon as possible.  The only problem is that I need to read the magazines before I submit, and that can get expensive.  I recently bought a subscription to Realms of Fantasy, but that was because I got a ten dollar gift certificate from Amazon.com.  You can usually pick up back issues cheaply though, so maybe I'll do that.

No comments: