Sunday, November 13, 2005

Oh, I've been thinking...

I've been thinking about getting a tattoo for a while now.  I've seen things I like, but I always make myself wait before actually going to do it.  That way I don't do something stupid that I won't like a week later.  I think that is a good plan.  Anyway...

I've discarded a number of ideas.  Two are still possibilities but I'm not sure. 

But I had another one yesterday.  Armor.

I'm always talking about being a Knight, so why not get a little armor?  I'm not sure how I would do it, but I think I would start with some kind of plate armor design on my upper arm/s.  I'm not sure yet.  I'd need to talk to a tattoo artist to see what he/she thinks of my idea.  But I kind of like it.  It resonates with me more than anything else I've thought of so far.

4 comments:

jhileb said...

cool idea, but quite expensive and...well.... it will eat up allot of room.  i would seriously wait awhile and reconsider that idea.....i tell you a story.....

i was into punk rock/hardcore/metal/thrash/grind/etc for years and years.  everyone i knew got tattoos...i came real close many times.  at one time barb wire...another time general stars, another time a heart over my actual heart and japanese fish and water stuff...plus a bunch of other stuff.  anyways i knew some guys that owned a tattoo parlor by the old naval base and they would have done it dirt cheap and they did great work.  in the end, i am so glad i could never make my mind up as now i'm old and damn would i look stupid with some of the stuff i liked back then.  my point is...you will get old...sooner than you think, and your likes/dislikes will change over time....so be real careful what you do to yourself that is basically permament.  okay me playing the old timer with words of warning is over now, lol..........:)

j.h.

rampage841512 said...

Oh, I know.  That's why I always wait a few weeks to think this kind of stuff over.  I still like the idea...but I don't see how I could make it work.

autumnsavril said...

LOL, I love the way J says he's "old."

Anyway, I also think armor would take up a lot of space.  What if you just did a helm?  I think that would be symbolic enough.

Avril

rampage841512 said...

I was actually thinking getting a big piece of plate armor on my upper arm, just like I was actually wearing it.  I know it would be big, and expensive, but it would also be in a spot I won't have to worry about as well.