Thursday, October 20, 2005

How very anticlimatic...

I went to school feeling a little worried about seeing Stephanie.  My first class went okay, except it went on forever.  I went to my second class and had just got my computer out when my phone rang.  It was Stephanie.

She asked me what I was doing, and I told her nothing.  She asked me where I was and I told her the building I was in.  She said we should have lunch.  She told me where she was and I told her I'd see her in five minutes.  I was not really sure what to expect.  I figured she wanted to talk. 

Well, she didn't.  She just wanted to have lunch.  When I walked over to where she was the first thing she did was to smile.  That in itself brushed away many of my fears and a lot of my nervousness.  She told me she hadn't read the letter.  She said she started too, but after reading only half of the first page she realized our friendship could be at risk and she wasn't ready to do that.

She told me she would read it if I asked her too.  I told her she could wait as long as she wanted, but that one day she would have to read it. She said she would, and it wouldn't take ten years.  She said her curiosity would get the better of her eventually.  I both hope for and fear for the day it does.

Anyway, after that I drove her to her bank so she could get a new ATM card and do some other things.  She couldn't get any cash because she lost her Driver's License.  We went to Subway and I bought us lunch.  Then I bought her some TCBY.  She said she owed me a nice lunch somewhere. 

Today was nice too. Just like yesterday.  Just like many days to come, I hope.

2 comments:

autumnsavril said...

You seem to be skipping a lot of school lately.  Don't let it get the better of you.

Once you get into the habit of going to school for every class, it is easy to continue doing so.

Avril

rampage841512 said...

I know, I know.  I'm going to every class this week, I think.  I might skip my World History class Thursday since I have a test today.  I'm not sure though.